Sunday 8 March 2009

VANILLEKIPFERL


These little biscuits are traditionally given for Valentines day in Germany, although I'm a little belated in my efforts, they are known as Vanillekipferl which translates as ' Vanilla mountain tops'.
I found this recipe in my new Bible, Rachel Allen's 'Bake'. Although this recipe was very very easy her book is actually a tad more challenging than most of my recipe books - which I love!! If any one would like this recipe please let me know...
These little moons go so well with fresh coffee, which is exactly what I did this afternoon, yum!
It is now so spring like in small subtle ways, I just love it when things start to come back to life. I even saw my first primroses and daffodils today. So inspired by spring and potential daffodils that I surprised myself and bought a bright buttercup yellow dress. If you see a blonde lady in bright yellow frolicking by you any time soon it can be no other than my spring-self!

5 comments:

Jen Collins said...

these look delicious!!

Fe Louise Coull said...

Why thank you mon cher, if you enjoyed the burns night shortbread you would love these :) I'll make you some next time I see you xx

Jen Collins said...

make me some for when i give you your cd! it's in progress!

random thing: you know the little word verification box thing? the word i have to type is 'making'. how sweet!

zippyapplepants said...

Hi sweetie, I also love Rachel Allen’s bake although I haven’t tried those biscuits yet. I love her way of rolling pastry between 2 sheets of cling film why I didn’t think of that years ago it makes things so easy. Laurie bought me her Food for living book at Christmas but I’ve been a bit busy to make anything yet. Anna x

Fe Louise Coull said...

Aww Anna, it's lovely to see you comment on my page :)

Gla dto fine another rachel allen enthusiast, although I veer more towards obsessed :( I love her book sooooo yummy!

You should get your stuff up on the blog to let me have a nosy at, I'm very jealous of your craft room xxx